Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Dork sidebar

In case you notice that my pictures are a little crisper, or that maybe my photo composition is better (?), I just wanted to recommend two things. First, I'm taking a photography class that is totally amazing. I still scratch my head at the people who adjust the f-stop on every photo, (because I'm trying to shoot pics while Jackson is running away) but my eye is getting much better.

Second, I bought a new camera. If you've been thinking *forever* that you were interested in buying a dSLR (digital single lens reflex) camera, AKA one of those big cameras with changeable lenses, I'm really happy with mine. I bought the Canon Digital Rebel Xsi (450D). I did a lot of research and asked photographers who all agreed on this one. The wonderful photographer who shot Kevin's wedding recommended it highly.

The combination of new camera and photo class has been perfect. I don't know if I would have ever figured out how to really use this camera to it's full potential without the class. Now I just need a second hard drive for all the pictures. :)

No comments: