Wednesday, July 09, 2008

I'm sorry, what?

Recent communication errors here at the Hickey household:

Bella (on the eve before her birthday): "Mom, I'm tired, I'm cranky, my mosquito bites itch and my feet are all dirty."

Kat: "Bella, even though you're tired, cranky, itchy and dirty, I still love you like crazy."

Bella snuggles in closer, pauses and thinks for a minute. "Who's Gracie?"


We're watching some ridiculous nature show that John is obsessed with watching. They do different episodes about different creatures - this one was about snakes, more specifically a search for a huge anaconda. John and Liam are enthralled. Jackson periodically narrates the show. A horse shows up on the screen. "Horsie!" The man gets on the horse. "Horsie! Ride horsie!" The man dismounts the horse. "Oh. All done."

John: "This show is awesome. This is why I want to be a cryptobiologist."

Maddie: "A creepy bi-what-o-gist?"

No comments: