Sunday, August 23, 2009

Rhinestone Cowboy

My good friend Jordan recently had a baby, then went on to have gallbladder surgery a few weeks later. I called her house on Friday to offer my help and agreed to help today with her four year old son. Her husband said he'd talk to Jordan and let me know whether I would have him over at our house or go to their place and help out. I mentioned to John over the weekend that I might be at Jordan's house on Monday and also asked Jackson if he'd like to have a playdate with Jordan's son. He was thrilled.

Tonight, Jordan's husband called and told me that Jordan would love to have the quiet and could we have the playdate at our house. Later on, John and I were getting ready for bed.

Kat: "I'm not going to Jordan's tomorrow, Owen is coming here."

John: "Did you say Owen?"

Kat: "Yes, Owen."

John: "O-wen?"

Kat: "Yes, Owen. What is your deal?"

John: "That's Jordan's son?"

Kat: "Yeah. Jackson calls him 'Cowboy Owen'."

John: "Oh my gosh. I was talking to Jackson yesterday and he was telling me about hanging out with 'Cowboy Owen'. I kept saying, 'Jackson, what are you saying?' and he would say 'Cow-boy Ow-wen, dad! Cow-boy Ow-wen!' And John would ask, 'Are you saying, Cow-boy Ow-wen?' Jackson would reply, 'Yeah, dad. Cow-boy Ow-wen!' I was wondering what in the world you do here when I'm not home."

No comments: