Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Feelin' a little meloncholy...

I woke up this morning and discovered that a watermelon had exploded on the kitchen counter. The smell was absolutely putrid. I can't even express the horrid-ness of the odor. I was shocked to see the distance that the rotten pulp traveled. I would say that there was rotten watermelon innard within a 3-4 foot radius of the actual watermelon. It was just sitting there on the counter, looking innocent, with a 3-4 inch incision in it's rind.

The best part is that it imploded this morning while John was the only one awake and was in the kitchen surfing the interwebs and drinkin' his coffee. When I told him about it later, he was relieved because it had freaked him out completely when he heard something splash in the sink full of water and soaking dishes. "I thought it was something supernatural," he said. I wish I had videotaped him demonstrating how he tentatively picked up a wooden spoon and poked and prodded the murky dishwater in an attempt to discover the source of the splashing...

No comments: