Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Underappreciated for both jobs...

Liam asked if he could have a friend in the house to play a board game because they were (get this) too sweaty to keep playing outside. Ah, early May, you trickster you.

Friend: "Wow! Your basement is awesome. Wait. What do your parents do? I mean, what is their job?"

Liam: "Well, my dad is the manager of a health care company. He doesn't own it, he just runs the office in Fort Wayne."

Friend: "Okay, yeah. That's pretty good. Healthcare makes a lot of money. What about your mom?"

Liam: "She's a doula. You know, she helps people have babies."

Friend: "Yeah, I know about that. Okay, how does that pay?"

Liam: [quietly] "Um, I don't think that much."

Friend: "Yeah, I'm thinking your dad's job bought most of this."

Liam: "Yeah, he's gone A LOT."

Friend: "Yeah. Usually the one who's gone the most makes most of the money. All I know is I'd trade my whole *house* for your basement!"

No comments: