Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Back to school

I took Jackson to his first day of preschool yesterday. I took him into his classroom and the assistant showed him where to put his things away. I got ready to leave and hugged him to say goodbye. As I pulled away from the hug, he whispered, "I have no idea what I'm supposed to do."



Despite the fact that I drive Jackson to the Montessori school that he attends, he wanted to walk to the bus stop where the other three kids get picked up every morning. So, he put his backpack on and walked to the end of our road. I came and picked him up and played "bus driver", asking him his name and how things were going. When we got back home, he asked me to let him off at the bus stop and he walked home.



Maddie was talking about applying to be on the Student Council.

Liam: "Student Council is really boring. All they do is talk about trying to improve the school and junk like that."

No comments: