Wednesday, August 16, 2006

100th Post!

It's official - the blog is one year old and I've made my 100th post! Wow. I guess one of these days I should print this whole thing for posterity...

For the sake of future blogging, I wish I could carry an audio recorder around with me. As the kids get older, their "bloggable" quotes get more interesting, but much more complicated. It would definitely simplify my blog entries if I had their comments recorded.

For example, we were driving in the car and Maddie was quiet for a long time. She suddenly spoke. I don't have the quote exactly right, but she was talking about how if someone had a baby, and then she had more and more children, then someone else had some children, then they would be like family. And later on, all people would be like family. I wasn't really following her at first, trying to see where she was going. Finally, she said, "You know, Mom. It's like everyone in the world all came from the same place, so we're all family. We're all one."

And I realized that she gets it. More than most adults I know. She gets it. "Exactly, Maddie," I said. "We are." It gives me hope for the future of the world that there are children that think like Maddie.

No comments: