Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Baseball Field Day

Maddie competes in the throwing for accuracy.
(the goal is to get it in the red ring)

Liam competes in throwing for accuracy.

Waiting in line for the "run the bases race."

The last week of baseball holds a field day where all the children who played at sites all over town compete in different events. The league provides ribbons and lunch for everyone who participates and trophies for the top 10 in each event.

Maddie was amazing at the base race. She is incredibly fast. Liam scored in the top ten in the throwing accuracy and won a trophy! It was about 92 degrees at noon when the trophies were being awarded. I had stripped Jackson down to his diaper because he and I were so hot and nursing him was like torture - we were sticking together! I wanted to skip the trophy ceremony and just get to the air conditioned car, but I had a feeling we should stay because one of the kids was going to get an award. I was really shocked, though, when they announced Liam's name! He was so proud, I thought he'd explode!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: