Thursday, June 28, 2007

Hair today, gone tomorrow

What Bella used to look like

John and I went out to a concert and left Liam, Bella and Jackson with our favorite babysitter. When we woke up this morning, John said, "Hey. There's blonde hair on the floor in our bathroom."

I went and checked it out. Isabella was still asleep and I very nearly woke her to survey the damage, but she was asleep face down, so I had to wait.

When she awoke, it was pretty clear what had happened. I asked her to tell me the story. Apparently, Bella went into our master bathroom to look for her toothbrush and found haircutting scissors instead. She spontaneously decided that her bangs were really long and bothering her and she just couldn't wait one more minute.

Kat: "So, when you came out of the bathroom, what did the babysitter say?"

Bella: "She didn't even notice! I guess I did a good job!"

See for yourselves... The "after" shot:

What Bella looks like now

There was just a touch of deja vu. On Father's Day 2003, Maddie decided that she really wanted her hair cut and just couldn't wait one more minute. I had some wrapping paper and scissors out upstairs in our bedroom. She took huge sewing scissors out and cut her hair. Lots of hair. And all on the one side of her head. From one side, her hair looked absolutely perfect. From the other side, full blown mullet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'M SPEECHLESS!

She must have woken up in the middle of the night and done it... I certainly couldn't have missed the drastic change!

I feel like I should give the Hickey family a refund for my obviously stellar babysitting skills.

Lots of love! -Soph