Tuesday, August 05, 2008

This little light of mine...

Maddie had a lovely teacher last year. It seemed like the teacher really "got" her and it made me feel good. In all my decisions about moving Maddie to a different school, it was never about the teacher, but more about the academic curriculum and pressure put on the teachers and student by the administration.

Maddie loved her teacher. She hand-picked a bouquet for the last day of school and spent weeks making a picture video for the teacher using pictures we had taken throughout the year. We received a thank you note from her teacher today. I had to read it to Maddie because the teacher has a very artsy style of writing and she was having trouble reading it. I could barely get through it without crying!


Dear Maddie and family,

Hello, everyone! I hope this card finds you guys in the best of health. Maddie, you've grown so much, I will miss you and all the terrific things you stood up for. When I think of you, I will think about the song, "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine."

Maddie, never lose your insightful ways, continue to focus on "how you can" vs. "why you can't."

I love everything about you, you're wonderfully made.

Love,

Mrs B.

P.S. I almost forgot to say thank you for my flowers, class movie and your precious friendship!

No comments: