Friday, October 02, 2009

GLEE!

I've been watching a new show called 'Glee' on FOX. It's about a high school glee club/show choir. It's got some adult undertones and complex characters, so it's much more interesting than it sounds. It's so quirky and fun that I find myself being a little geeky-addicted to it. They do some really fun renditions of normal tunes. Although they can't watch the whole show, I've let the kids watch some of the tunes on hulu.

Yesterday, I let the kids watch the GLEE rendition of Kanye's 'Golddigger'. As soon as the song started, I asked Liam what song it sounded like. He said, 'Golddigger'. Duh. "No. What older song is this a remake of?" I said. He thought for a minute... sang along for a minute or two.

Liam: "I Got a Woman."

Kat [beaming with pride]: "by...?"

Liam [thinking aloud]: "Charles... Charles? Ray Charles!"

My work here is done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet! Next week we start with The Parliaments "Give Up the Funk"