Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The Maddie Show

It seems like I'm telling a lot of stories about Maddie, but she's just in the news a lot right now. I just don't want to forget some of these things, so I put them down for the sake of posterity.

On Saturday, we were all just working around the house. Maddie was working on something intently. She had a shoe box that she was decorating and collecting things in. I saw my name written on the side of the box. A few minutes later, she brought me an empty notecard and envelope. She asked me to write something for her. This is what she dictated:

"Dear Kat, I got you this present because I am sad for you because your mom and everybody lives in Ohio." And then she took the pencil from me and signed it, "Maddie."

She then gave me the gift: a small green book and a wooden treasure chest with my name on it. One of her hair ribbons was carefully tied around the box with the notecard tucked underneath.

No comments: