Wednesday, May 31, 2006

They grow up so quickly...

Isabella and Maddie are staying with Grandma for a few days. Their last day of school was last Friday, but Liam still goes until tomorrow. So, as Liam said, it's just us grownups in Indiana this week.

Today, Isabella was helping Grandma cook supper, which included salmon and a lovely sauce with lemon, butter and capers. Isabella was intrigued by the capers.

Isabella: "What are those, Grandma?"

Grandma: "They're capers."

Isabella: "What are they for?"

Grandma: "They flavor the sauce."

Isabella: "What do they taste like?"

Grandma: "I don't know how to describe how they taste. (Grandma takes a piece and tastes it.) I don't know how to describe it, Bella."

Isabella: "I could taste it."

Grandma: "Do you want to taste the caper?"

Isabella: "Do you think I should?"

Grandma: "I think it's always a good idea to try new things, Bella."

Isabella agrees. Grandma chooses a small caper. Isabella puts it in her mouth. She makes a face.

Isabella (astonished): "What, are you trying to kill me?!?"

No comments: