Saturday, September 02, 2006

The Isabella Show

I almost haven't wanted to blog because ALL my stories are Isabella right now. But, alas, I must blog them. She is going to a different school than Liam and Maddie this year. She is attending a preschool/kindergarten only which incorporates more fantasy and fine arts than a typical Montessori school. Her school is also a Spanish immersion school - meaning - two of the teachers speak only Spanish to the children. It's really exciting for her because she is so passionate about learning Spanish and has such a great ear for it.

The day we took the tour of the school, one other mom was taking the tour trying to decide if it was right for her 3 year old, but she only brought her 12 month old on the tour. So, it was Isabella, Jackson and this 12 month old. After an hour long tour, I asked Isabella on the way home what she thought. She said she didn't want to go there. I was shocked! I thought she'd love it! I asked why.

Isabella: "Um, well, the one thing that I don't like very much is the babies."

Kat: "The babies? Jackson and that other baby won't go there! They're not old enough. There will be lots of kids your age when school starts."

She thought about it for a minute.

Isabella: "I'll go for lunch."

Kat: "Great, you can go in the morning and stay for lunch, if you want."

Isabella: "No. I'll just go there to eat lunch."

Three days later, we went back for orientation. I decided to pull the trigger and see if the idea grew on her. There were about 30 kids at the orientation. On the way home, I asked her what she thought.

Isabella: "I liked it! There were no babies! I think I'll go there!"

No comments: