Monday, October 24, 2005

THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT (and Isabella's Intuition)

Funny story. Isabella was right. (see blog date: October 5) We found out this week that the Hoosier Hickey family is growing (as is my waistline). I did start to get suspicious after Isabella CONTINUED to tell everyone that we were having a baby soon. People kept calling me and asking me if I was pregnant because Isabella said that I was. I kept telling her that we were NOT having another baby and she had to stop telling people that, but she was determined. I don't really want to think too deeply about how Isabella knew before we did. I think we'll just leave it at that.

So, we're expecting the fourth Hickey baby to arrive around June 26, 2006,**thanks to Kim for pointing out my poor math skills**give or take a few days. The kids are thrilled. When we told Isabella she was going to be a big sister, she replied, "and Maddie can be the little sister!" We had to explain that they would both be big sisters. Isabella responded, "Okay, Maddie can be the LITTLE big sister and I'll be the HUGE big sister!" Maddie was so excited when we told her that she was literally speechless, probably for the first time in her life. You'd think we gave her a pony. Liam and John pray nightly that it will have a Y chromosome. John and I are thrilled too, but I miss red wine already...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Guys!Who knows, you may birth the child who finds a cure for something making my child sick. The potential is enormous! I just hope that all goes "swimmingly"-but I"ll miss you during those prenatal visits! Best of luck! OH, and of COURSE the children know about pending babies before we do--they're that much closer to God.
Sue Hudson, CNM

preeti said...

Cannot recollect how I stumbled upon your blog, but am really glad that I did. In fact, I even forgot what it was that I was looking for on the net and read all your entries.
I know you must be hearing this all the time, but the choronicles of your kids' doings are soooooooo cute. Love the blog, love them, love you for putting this online and oh ofcourse congratulations on the expected little one. Will only add to all the fun.

Anonymous said...

LOL. I should have known it was going to happen when me and Bella were going to get pizza and she kept talking about how she was going to be a big sister. Oh, and sorry John but if Bella is right, you are going to have another female in the house :P

Anonymous said...

congrads johnny and kat!!

i will be home for thanksgiving this year. lets plan on getting together if you guys are in town that weekend.

bobby

Kim Shuman said...

Congratulations!!! What wonderful and exciting news! And I'm hoping that when you say that the due date is June 2005 - it's really 2006 because if not, that would be extremely odd! :)

Look forward to reading all about your pregnancy in your blog - may you have a happy and healthy pregnancy and baby!!! Best wishes to you all!

Anonymous said...

Liam needs a boy. Every good superhero needs a sidekick!

Kev and I will take you to a great buffet. . it is after all every pregnant womens dream! and well. . possibly Bella's too! :)