Sunday, October 22, 2006

What Would Jeremy Do?

I have officially become that person. The person that rates experiences in her life as whether or not they are "bloggable." Truly, I am very in the moment, but then afterward, I think... hmmm... I should totally put that on the blog! It's a shame, really, that I am counting on my children to do and say funny things to compensate for recent my lack of wittiness. The good news is... it paid off!

*warning - religious subtext in story*

I was driving all four children to Toys 'R Us to pick out a birthday party about 1 hour before said party was scheduled to begin. I had already given the laundry list of demands: you must stay with me. we are buying something for M (birthday girl) and nothing else. do not ask if I will buy you something. you can look at other things as long as I can see you and you can see me. don't whine, cry, scream or throw a fit.

Out of the clear blue sky, Isabella says: "Jesus watches over little Jeremy." (our next door neighbor who is 6 months older than Bella and about the same size)

I laughed to myself. I didn't really have a good response. She continued: "but, he is still really mean to me because yesterday he was throwing the ball at my head when I asked him not to."

I thought a moment, and couldn't resist the opportunity to point out the irony. I said, "Isn't it strange that some people talk about Jesus, but then they don't do the kinds of nice things that Jesus did?"

Maddie had been listening and piped in. "I know why, Mom."

Kat: "Why, Maddie?"

Maddie: "Well, Jesus did so many nice things and people killed him. So maybe little Jeremy does mean things so that people won't want to kill him."

No comments: